Thursday, May 24, 2012

100 Cookies in One Night? Done.

So tomorrow's a big day for my bestie, Bayley. She's turnin the big 20! She's havin a little partay of sorts and asked me to make some cookies for it. At first I thought, oh I'll just make about 3 dozen cookies. But I don't want to make just one type of cookie, that's boring :P So I made this one from my mom's blog and then using my mom's chocolate chip recipe, made the middle cookies, but switched out the chocolate chips for M&M's. This turned out to make A LOT of cookies. I was shocked! But I had a system and it went pretty well :D Then, for Bayley's birthday present, I was making her favorite, Inception cookies, that had a little laminated note in the middle of each cookie. 20 cookies, with 20 reasons why she's my best friend :) Cute, eh? So after I made the first two cookies, I had to make these. By around midnight, I was finally finished baking. Ho.Ly. Cow. I've never made so many cookies in one night in my life and I don't think I want to do that again. At least for a while ;)
M&M Cookies:
2 sticks butter
1 c brown sugar
3/4 c sugar
2 eggs
1 TBS vanilla
3 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 bag chocolate chips (or M&M's in this case)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour and soda. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips or M&M's. Bake for 8-10 minutes. 

Inception Cookies:
Using the same ingredient as the recipe above, make the cookie batter. Grab a normal size portion of the cookie dough, split it in half, and place a mini Oreo (or if you want them to be hideous jumbo cookies like I did, place 2 normal sizes of cookie dough around either side of a normal sized Oreo) on one of the halves. Place the other half on top and seal the edges of the cookie dough, shaping the cookie back into a ball shape. Place on the cookies sheet and bake like normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment